Monday, August 25, 2008

Scallop Heart, Inner Swirls & Scallop Card


Here is another reason why I love using the Cricut's Design Studio. If I ever want to create a layer to fit exactly inside another cut, then I can do that. I first select the cut that I want, which in this case is the scallop heart, and adjust to the size I am looking for. I then select the inner Swirls design, and on my computer screen, directly layer this design on top of my scallop heart and adjust accordingly to the exact size that I want. I then move the design over to the right, and select the cardstock that I want to use. Adhere the size of the carstocks (which I used 6x6) to the mat, 1 red, the other white, and have both cuts cut at the same time!!! How cool, huh?!?!!? To add the glitter - I simply ran the swirl die cut through my Xyron machine, then bathed it in my glitter container.

The card is also a cut that I created using the Cricut Design Studio. It is a scallop edge card cut. The card cuts out to 5.5 x 11 and you can cut 2 cuts 1 time if you have the cricut expression.

Here is what my creation turned out to look like. As you can imagine, it is an over sized card, therefore - you may have to create an envelope to go with it. =0)

Here are the links to download these cuts:

Cartridges Used:

Wedding Solutions
Mini Monograms

Aloha,
Jen

4 comments:

2 Worlds said...

VEry cool Jen
I hope they had that for mac

JackieLou said...

nice Jen... I love that heart.
jackielou

Jodie said...

whooo hooo coool man...

WhimsicalThoughts said...

OMG you are awesome.



Click Here To Go To ALL My Shared Cut Files:
Design Studio Cuts (.Cut), Gypsy Cuts (.gypsy), Sure Cuts A Lot Cuts (.scut), SVG Cuts (.svg)